Compared to what many people deal with, I had an easy first trimester. I made it through most days without being sick, but I was feeling nauseous and exhausted a lot! Honestly, props to anyone who has been pregnant a second (third, forth...) time because I don't know how you care for a tiny human while feeling so gross.
While I could not be more thrilled to be on the other side of the first trimester, I did want to take note of what helped me through those three months (so I remember, and maybe it will help you).
- Turvis Water Bottle - I bought this water bottle over a year ago and I love it! Trying to keep a pregnant body hydrated is crucial and this bottle definitely made it a little less dreadful to drink tons of H20 each day. The colder the water was the more I wanted to drink it and I appreciated the fact that this bottle doesn't sweat all over my desk/house.
- Gatorade G2 Powder - Let me tell you... drinking water gets old, quick. When I just couldn't look at another glass each day I would reach for one of these Gatorade G2 powder packets. I have found them at Target, Kroger, and occasionally Publix. They are low calorie and don't have a ton of sugar.
- NatureMade PreNatal Vitamins - Many pregnancy websites will tell you the first thing to do when you find out you are expecting is to start taking a prenatal vitamin. I bought this bottle at Costco after doing a little research and reading reviews. These vitamins have 800mcg of folic acid, 27mg of iron, 200mg of DHA and has no added color, synthetic dye, artificial flavor, preservatives, yeast, starch or gluten. You only have to take one pill a day and they aren't horrible. Okay, well at first the giant pill is a little difficult to swallow, and I recommend taking them at night right before bed or when you eat, but if you do that they will serve you well.
- Bump Nest Pillow - I bought this pillow way before it was necessary, when I was 8 weeks, but it was on sale at Zulilly and I couldn't resist! I am a big stomach sleeper and the idea of squishing the baby started freaking me out so I got the pillow to help train myself to sleep on my side. It is definitely a tight fit in the queen bed with Steven, the pillow, and me, but we we are making it work!
- Donut Shop Coffee, Decaf - Reducing/eliminating caffine
wasis a big struggle for me. I love a cup of coffee in the morning and drinking diet coke. One way I am trying to trick my mind into waking up is by continuing my morning coffee ritual, but with decaf coffee. This brand is my favorite!
- Trader Joes Caribbean Juice Floes - When I was feeling sick and gross those first few months, one of the things that helped was popsicles. I tried a number of brands and flavors and really liked this types from TJs. They are fat free and had chunks of fruit in them. Yum!
I've been feeling great so far in the second trimester and hope this energy continues! Also, only a few more weeks until we find out the sex of the baby! Can.Not.Wait.