Are you happy? from Typcut
I do not agree with the poster above when it says you should just keep doing what you are doing if you are happy. In my life I would always prefer to mix things up, try new things, and live new experiences with those I love. So in the vein of trying new things I have come up with my list of 25 things. Some of them are big and involve more effort and others are simpler and could be checked off in an afternoon.
Update: November 2011 came and went (along with my 25th birthday) and I did not get a chance to complete all the experiences below. Steven and I did do a number of these things, but I never wrote about them. (Shame on me, time to catch up!) Now, in July of 2012 (where did the first half of the year go), I am committed to completing these experiences (and writing about ones that happened already)! I am excited to see the things we do in the next few months!
Attend an event at the Atlanta Underground Market
- Eat dinner at Blu Gorilla on the Beltline
Visit the Atlanta Botanical Garden Run a 10k - I am thinking the Frogtown Trail ChallengeRead about it here
- Volunteer in Atlanta - possibly at City of Refuge
- Hike to the top of Stone Mountain
Watch a live improv show at Dads Garage See a band play at Eddies Attic
- Go to Martinis & IMAX at Fernbank
- Explore Underground Atlanta
- Finish a scrapbook I started for Steven in college of all our pictures from visiting the bulldogs around town
- Visit Zoo Atlanta
Take a walk around Castleberry Hill at the Art Stroll
- Watch at movie at the Starlight Six Drive-In
Go to Historic Oakland Cemetery and maybe do a twilight walking tourRead about it here
- Take advantage of the free brewing tour at 5 Seasons Brewery, Prado
- Attend a cake decorating class at Joann's
- Refinish a piece of furniture
- Shop at Piedmont Parks farmers market
Spend a Saturday or Sunday morning at Sweetwater Creek State ParkRead about it here Play some bocce at Ormsby's
- Have my picture taken with "the Big Chicken"
- Go to Netherworld without having a heart attack
- Have dinner at the Sun Dial, or maybe just a drink since it is so expensive!
- Enjoy some music on the rooftop deck of JCT
Keep an eye out for posts about my 25 in 25!